- To obtain a certified copy of a Birth Certificate, the record must belong to you or you must be one of the following: a legal representative, personal representative or agent, an immediate family member, or the registrant who has a direct and tangible interest in the record and who shall have a significant legal relationship to the person whose record is requested.
- The fee for a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is $23.00.
- You must fill out the Application for Birth or Death Certificate in full. Send in the completed and notarized form, a copy of your Driver's License for identification and the fee to the address printed on the application. If you do not have a Driver's License, contact us for a list of alternative documents that can be used for identification.
- Birth Certificates 75 years and older are open to the public.
- Our office is a remote birth site and can issue an Abstract of Birth Facts for any city or county within the state of Texas. An Abstract of Birth Facts contains the following information:
Name, Date of Birth, Sex, Place of Birth, Father's Name, Mother's Name and Date Filed
An Abstract of Birth Facts is not the full birth record and may not be an acceptable form of ID for some agencies.
- You may also visit the Texas Department of State Health Services website to obtain a Birth Certificate online.
Mon. Tues. Thurs. Fri
8:00am - 5:00pm