Boat and Motor Registration
The Orange County Tax Office contracts with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department in the renewal of boat registration fees. The tax office will accept payment by cash or credit card. There is a non-refundable surcharge added to each credit card transaction.
Registration may be renewed as early as 90 days prior to the expiration date.
The owner on TPWD record may renew registration by one of the following methods:
- Renew Registration Online through the Texas Parks & Wildlife or Texas Online website. Prior to delivery of the decals, the owner may legally operate the vessel for a period not to exceed 45 days from the date stated on the receipt. The owner must print and carry the receipt during the time period prior to receiving the registration decals. (United States Coast Guard (USCG) documented vessels are not eligible for online registration renewal due to the requirement for a copy of the current USCG documentation as stated under the Texas Administrative Code 31, Section 53.91. Submit a copy of the vessel owner's current USCG documentation using one of the methods listed below); or
- Mail the required fee in the form of check or money order with the renewal notice in the envelope provided; or
- Mail required fee in the form of check or money order with renewal notice, or completed Vessel Maintenance form PWD 143M, or signed written request to TPWD, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744; or
- Renew in person by presenting either the renewal notice or a complete PWD 143M at aTPWD Law Enforcement field office or a participating Tax Assessor-Collector office in your area. Only the owner of record can renew the registration. The owner of record may authorize someone to renew their registration for them, by completing a Letter of Authorization form PWD 581Valid government issued photo identification must be presented at the office by the person submitting the renewal request. Credit and debit cards are not accepted at TPWD Locations.
Texas Parks and Wildlife Website
Boat Registration Costs:
- If your boat is less than 16 feet in length, your fee is $32.00
- If 16 feet but less than 26 feet in length, your fee is $53.00
- If 26 feet but less than 40 feet in length, your fee is $110.00
- If 40 feet in length and over, your fee is $150.00
- Livery boat less than 16 feet in length, your fee is $32.00
Acceptable forms of payment accepted by the tax office are cash and credit card. There is a non-refundable surcharge added to each credit card transaction.
Renew Registration Online